Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@tonys , thank you for tagging me! What a lovely summary of everyone.  Love your kind and encouraging words to all. It hasn't been easy lately with husband with cptsd and estranged family but I am feeling a tad better today about things. Just a little bit stronger. I know the feeling will dwindle and I will have dark thoughts again but my kids are a daily reminder I can't give up. This beautiful and caring community has helped me once again by listening and sitting with me in my pain. @PinkFlamingo @RiverSeal @Jynx @tyme @Shaz51 keeping a watchful eye on me. 

I hope your stay at the hospital is helping and that you can go home soon. Are you allowed to have a bit of a wander around and look at nature? Nature forever healing... ❤️ 

Let's us know how you are going and thank you again for your message.

I do miss @TideisTurning . 🫂 hugs and healing.

it wasnt mouldy @SmilingGecko  will be fine. also ate survival rations from lifeboat yest lol

@tonys  is getting re-built, stronger, harder, faster .. Steve Awesome ...

https://youtu.be/nexLuXODhr0?si=uW-4W-f4ch_6VAMj

"The Six Million Dollar Man" is a classic science-fiction/action TV series from the 1970s that chronicles the adventures of Steve Austin, a former astronaut who becomes a bionic man following a devastating accident. With his superhuman abilities of enhanced strength, speed, and agility, Steve ...

Ah ok, you silly thing. Just thought I would mention if you just wanted to get it checked out. Its hard living at home alone and flying solo. Sometimes we just need to calm the mind over stuff we have no control over @TAB. I sliced open my finger last year and wound up in a pop up clinic the government set up to capture after hours medical treatments with all this covid stuff putting pressure on the hospitals

thanks, that's okay @SmilingGecko  just tried to 'right' big stupid stink beetle on its back before, it could stand up. tried and tried then flicked it back into woodpile so didnt see it dying lol felt pretty woozy getting back up (meds) BP etc ok now but was going to go lie down anyways lol

@PeppyPatti I've done bachelor + 4th year in psych and then went on to Masters. Though it did take me longer to get through uni due to MH and more recently, my psych is starting to wonder if I have ADHD since my attention span is the size of a peanut 🤣. I haven't heard of the book before but may take a look. From the sounds of things, you have raised your oldest son well, he has gotten so far despite his struggles 🙂

I have met others who do have a lived experience in my course, I feel like we need more MH professionals with lived experience because it does bring another lens into one's work. Though lived experience can be a double edged sword too. You do have to make sure you are able to do lots of self-care and access supports when needed.

Hi @tonys I hope you are doing well 🙂

@creative_writer 

Golly id'e grab any type of learning about myself, keep a journal and completely follow up with any type of help by the throat.....

japan-photography-tatsuto-shibata-02.jpg

I remember this so called highly respected Gp who refused to put me in antidepressants while

youngest son was dying from cancer

my oldest son hated me

coping with head injury and my step dad bullied me out of my home 

He was Supporting keeping me in relationship with man beating me up 

Working insane hours as a cleaner to pay for tutoring for my son 

And she wouldn't  research antidepressants for me 

I went home, researched the antidepressants and went back and got her to put me on Effexor. 

Stupid ..........

Anyways that's the past. You are a rock for other people to learn from. Only maybe one person, maybe two. You can make a difference. 

Sorry to talk about my own personal issues

I'm well over all that time, 

🌿🌿🌿

IMG20230910110140.jpg

25c9e3d048f8f4edb2d40b394ee9900b.jpg

@PeppyPatti you have been through a lot 💖🫂, I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

I've had pretty rough moments myself. I am on 4 different types of medication for my mental health, I've just gotten outside of the rumination cycle too. I'm just hoping I can use my experience to help others, I want to move forward and not stay stuck living in another time and place. I want to create new meaning where my identity and life is not defined by where I have been

Hey there @Adge 🙂🌺

Thanks - I hope you’ve been doing ok these last couple of days? 
Yes I agree it’s very challenging of talk about worth and value, while those being very important to resilience and recovery 🌺

hopefully the group participation is settling in? It does take time to see if there’s a good fit, doesn’t it 🙂

and I was hoping you’ve heard from a support worker too. 

sounds like work is a bit difficult right now…would it be helpful to get in touch with the provider and ask them if there is any other work or participation that has routine for you to try? 

holding hope with you 🌺🙂🤗

oh @PinkFlamingo 

What a beautiful email to @Adge 

It is a lifelong struggle for me what worth and value means - 

What about you ?? 

fungi-macro-photography-alison-pollack-04.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance