Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Blooming heck @SmilingGecko I so agree with Salvos but did you know that you can go online shopping Salvo opshops ??

For someone as radically lazy like me. Yes, I was the one who went with my friend to Bali for 10 days, got sick of it in one and wanted to go online to look at Seminyak beach....  

The smoothies were yummy. We are a nice places. 

fungi-macro-photography-alison-pollack-12.jpg

Hi @Former-Member Thanks so much for asking about me.

I hope you have been well & okay.

Whilst waiting to see if Neami finds me a different Support Worker (my email request)-

• or if my feedback & complaint Re: incompatibility & breakdown in working relationship with this Support Worker (19 months ago) is ignored.

I went back to the Neami Meditation Mindfulness Group for the 2nd time – To find that they were doing a Group trip to Yanchep National Park today, to do the Meditation Mindfulness Session in Yanchep National Park.

I have not been up to Yanchep National Park in about 8 years, simply because I don’t enjoy going to places on my own (it’s about a 1 hour drive from me).

So I got some good company with me, whilst spending some time in the National Park, & I did not have to drive myself there – Both were added bonuses.

The people in the Meditation Mindfulness Group are welcoming, & it's a nice atmosphere.

My feedback (via email) Re: Support Worker Incompatibility, communication breakdown (events 19 months ago), & a request for a different Support Worker (now) – Are all firsts in assertiveness & in asking for a change for me.

If I had not been given this same Support Worker (person) again now, I would not have felt compelled to make a complaint (about events of 19 months ago), or to request a different person.

As I simply cannot work with this person, no matter how hard I tried (past).

I had never made any complaint about what happened 19 months ago.

I am very uncomfortable in making any complaint (hence this is very rare for me), & I have never requested a change of staff (from anyone).

So I am not at all sure how this will develop/ conclude - Yet I know that I absolutely did the Right thing.

I could not stay silent & say nothing, this time.

As for work, no it's been no Hours at all for 4 weeks so far.

My Contact Person/ Job Coach in the DES Jobsearch Provider has suddenly resigned (left) 2 weeks ago.

So it will be some time (weeks or months) before a new Job Coach is employed, & before I can develop a rapport with a new person - To receive any effective Job Application Support.

🙂

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

That sounds interesting @SmilingGecko 🙂🌺

I hope your evening goes well after a nice rest and some dinner. Yes the Salvos certainly have some choice finds! I used to get pretty much my entire clothing wardrobe there when I was young, which was such a lifesaver in terms of smart casual work clothes 👌🏻🙂

Yes, I think our @tonys is in hospital, from what I could gather from the last message they had tagged me on, and along with you I’m hoping they’re getting better and will be back amongst it soon! 🌺💜🙂

take good care 💜🤗

Hello and hugs @SmilingGecko , @Glisten , @Jynx 💓

I have not tested my diabetes sugar for 3 weeks now @SmilingGecko , will have to get back into a habit of doing it 

@Glisten , I have to have a bone density test soon -- have not booked in yet 

Mr shaz having a heart check up in June 

Hey my @Jynx 😍 can I ask do you have fixations?? How do you cope with them ? 

@Shaz51 when you say fixations, do you mean ADHD Hyperfocus?

Or are you referring to a different thing?

G

My husband has lots of different diagnosis,  Adhd and now high functioning ASD @Glisten 

Good question @Shaz51!  I'll answer/tag you over on ADHD thread when I get a chance - figure others might have their own ideas to share 😉

Thank you @Jynx 😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks heaps @Jynx 🙂🌺

the credit goes to @PeppyPatti and I think @StanD  for the book club idea (please forgive me if I have not credited correctly - anyone feel free to correct me! 🙂🌺)

I was hoping to help make it happen with an idea here and there, and our @Glisten  found some already existing threads we could use  ☺️🙌🏻

looking forward to what happens next 😊🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Shaz51 🌺🤗

hope your evening is going ok 🫂🌺💜

Thanks for mentioning - I was thinking it might be worth a try 🙂

lots of hugs 🫂 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance