Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Good Morning!

Hey there @Adge 🌺🙂

Just thought of you so I wanted to find this message and see how you’re doing? 🤗💜

I hope you’ve heard from the support worker by now, and the Neami group is working out for you and you feel settled in a bit more, as well as a feel you are a valued member there as you very much are here 🙂

and I hope work is a bit better, with more regular shifts and your provider is trying their best to get you a place that will be easier with less driving and more coworkers around you 🌺🙂

I hope your evening is going well there 💜🌺🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @saturnzoon 🌺🙂

thanks so much for your message - I want to kindly say how much the support you and our members here have shared with me has lifted me up above the emotional hurt of having to battle a corporation alone…it’s really made a huge difference to my wellbeing and coping ability, as well as reinforcing my resilience against having to do so much self advocacy 🌺💜🙂

really means a lot! 🥹

I’m sure it won’t be quick or easy, but I’m doubling down on sticking up for myself, that’s a given now 😀🌺

I hope you’re doing ok, and things are going in the right direction for you 💜🌺🫂🙂

Hello everyone

@saturnzoon @TAB @Former-Member @PeppyPatti @Glisten @StuF 

Just back from another walk, was able to walk 30 minutes in addition to doing a hang exercise off the local flying fox. Was able to hang for 13 seconds but that was about my limit. The other day I got to 10 seconds. Mentioned to TAB that grip strength is an overall indicator of longevity. Once you hit 50 your grip goes down. Have also read that doing a hang apart from decompressing the spine and grip strength also aids in weightloss. So I do a hang every day. Has anyone seen @tonys around here lately. He mentioned he was in hospital again. I must check in with him if he's online.  OK I am about to have a rest then get into cooking dinner

Hope everyone has had a good day today. 

Have been shopping from the Salvos. Gee you can get great stuff from that mob

you're sounding good @SmilingGecko  no, not seen @tonys in a while

Former-Member
Not applicable

And that’s the best way anyone could react to reading that very sarcastic and acidic comment about the type of love I share for my current ventilator @PeppyPatti 🙌🏻☺️🌺

it made me chortle just knowing you felt the vibe of my Faulty Towers-esque rant! ☺️💜🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ah, yeah that makes sense @PizzaMondo ☺️🌺

I couldn’t figure it out when I first logged on to ChatWee lol 🤭

Would be lovely to have a bit of a reading/book club gathering place, for sure 🙂

hopefully our @tyme  and @Jynx  can have a little look and let us know 🙌🏻🌺☺️

@SmilingGecko 

My cousin and aunt were talking about the hang thing.

I didn’t ask what scientific study supported the theory.

I can hang upside down does that count?

G

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aw, that’s really nice of you to say @SmilingGecko , thank you so much 🤗💜🌺🙂

You along with our other lovely members here inspire me to keep going and keep resilience up with these issues, with your kindness and support…it really does make a big difference 💜🌺🙂

I haven’t given up, and have sent more evidence through about the faults, so I’m hoping things can move forward soon 🙂

I hope your day is going well, and you had a nice weekend 🤗🌺

@Former-Member I have been spying all your ideas, I think a book club is a phenomenal idea! So far, @tyme has been the main organiser so when they're next online (Wednesday I believe) I'm sure more chats can be had to get this ball rolling!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @saturnzoon 🌺☺️

the live chat platform I mentioned is ChatWee and it is currently used for the Sunday live chat events (like this one that happened recently) 🙂

I thought maybe it could be used to chat about books we read together..? Just waiting to hear back from our moderators and @tyme  and @Jynx  to see if it might be a viable idea 🙂🌺

Hope your evening is going ok there where you are 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance