Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Former-Member @outlander 

My SIL gets a friend the fire fighters calendar each Christmas "for charitable reasons" 😀

Oh sure @Former-Member for charitable reasons huh. 😏😏
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member @outlander

Please I will be your very bestest ever in your whole life, if you can get me one of those Calenders from any year, I am not fussy, I'll take anyone. I may be desperate, I'm thinking after reading this, tho?Woman SurprisedWoman Tongue

Morning everyone .... 👋💕

Hi @Leafyshade1 and welcome to the forums.  This is the Carer side, and I have tagged you from the Social Spaces discussion topic, the thread is called Hot Chocolate Anyone.  This is our virtual cafe, and a good way to meet other carers, which is important, no matter what the underlying care issue is .....

In saying that, we will help you find other carer’s here who are struggling with mental health issues with their adult children - @Smc is one who is.  I have kids struggling too, but it is bourne out of a family situation where my husband is unwell and doesn’t understand that he is ..... and genetic inheritance of disorders.

The Search bar is another way to find threads on a particular topic area.

Here is another place to start looking too - https://eatingdisorders.saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage

Please come and say hello.  We are friendly folk and understand the heartache.

Hello @Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member, @outlander, @Former-Member, @Determined, @Former-Member, @Smc, @Leafyshade1, @Appleblossom, @Owlunar

Hello @Adge, can I ask you a question , hope you don`t mind -- do you have a blender or juicer to help you , why I am asking is because my mum is in hospital getting better but she has to nearly has to have  a liquid low fibre diet

Hi @Shaz51 No I don't have a blender or juicer, I've never had one.

It was never suggested by Dieticians or Drs, in relation to my surgeries.

However, someone told me (a few weeks ago), that blending everything would improve my IBS symptoms.

My IBS, caused by the surgeries, is a daily struggle - inconsistent & unpredicatble.

Having to eat everything blended would be a lot of effort, & not so apetising (someone said).

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 we have a ninja type blender which we use to make smoothies with yoghurt, frozen fruit & milk but believe you can use them for all sorts of things. They would make an adequate meal for one person rather than a larger blender.

Yes @Former-Member @Adge

the family think it will be good getting mum a nitri bullet to make everything liquid because of her bowel obstructions which will be reoccuring , the doctor said she is doing everyhing right but she will have to have treatment in hospital when  she get pains which will be like every 6 weeks Smiley Sad

I know the family are trying to help xx

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @Adge

My brother blended a lot of stuff with his colorrectal .... he got into the swing of it as a routine and found it easier than cooking at times ... could be worth a try ... for variety ... you go through a lot of fresh food to get a little bit ... 

I only juiced and blended for exhubbie ... I have an Oj juicer, but I prefer to eat oranges...

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51Heart

Hi Shaz,

I have have a Juicer, & a Blender, I like the Blender the best, as there is no waste with a Blender. I believe in eating all that is in the mixture, as we need all the fiber. You can buy ones that actually cook & make soup,too. 

I hope I helped! 🙂

Love U!

Bella xo  🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance