Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

I haven't seen the questions. I'll go back and have a look @Captain24 

Hugs. Please rest up.

Did I tell you I had 2 jabs yesterday? Flu and COVID? So when I woke up, I felt I'd been hit by a bus! erghhh... painkillers helped - and chocolate...

I'll read the questions and get back to you.

Hey @Captain24 ,

What do you mean? I don't really understand the question. 

Do you mean, do we ask the police? Or do you mean, we check-in with you later? 

I don't want to give the wrong answer, and hence I'm seeking clarification. Also, what do you mean by separate standards? We have separate standards, or police have?

"After you call the police on someone do you check if they are ok? or do you not think they are worth it as they are obviously a problem. 

Is there separate standards if people live alone? "

It doesn’t make sense. Sorry @tyme 

I was wondering do you follow up with that member later? 

With the double standards. I haven’t said anything worse than other members some have been way darker and alluded to more than I did. But I’m the one that got the visit. Is it because I live alone and I have no one else around? 

Once police are contacted, we don't hear back. We will let the person know and also check in later. @Captain24 

As for living alone, that's not a deciding factor. The deciding factor is whether there is a guaranteed safety. For example, for people who live with someone, they may say "My hubby is home so they will be around" or "My mum's at home and they are keeping an eye on things". However, if there is no one else at home, then obviously the person cannot say these things.

Am I even making sense? Sorry if I'm not. I'll try to clarify if needed.

Also, some people may talk about medication or a plan, but if they say they are safe, then we take their word for it e.g. "I'm safe". You've probably seen people post this in the past @Captain24 

This is to ensure the community does not get triggered of worried.

I get it.. because I’m home alone there is no one watching me. @tyme.

Im just hurt that the particular mod didn’t check in. 

But that’s the last time I will mention it. Sorry. I have to process what is done and stop letting it keep me awake at night. 

Sometimes I’m not safe but just need someone there to help me through. But now I just have to say I’m safe. 

Anyway. I was looking at going back to the hospital in August. So is one of my friends in the Facebook group! We will be there together! 

It’s just started raining here. Now it means I have to drive in the dark and the wet. I am miserable and now the weather is too. I don’t want to face tonight at all. I’m too sick, physically and mentally 

Hey @Captain24 ,

I'm sorry to hear. What's been happening. I hear the frustration. 

I'll send you an email.

Hi @Captain24 , how did work go last night? I'm sorry to hear you're sick 😣

Hoping you can sleep well today and get better 🤞

@tyme wrote:

Did I tell you I had 2 jabs yesterday? Flu and COVID? So when I woke up, I felt I'd been hit by a bus! erghhh... painkillers helped - and chocolate...

Oh gosh @tyme ! I'm amazed they let you have them on the same day... Hope you recover very soon.

Hey @NatureLover 

Work was ok. I’m getting sicker. It’s going to my chest. 

Im not ok. 

Im too scared to say anymore. But it’s really hard. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance