Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: BOOK CLUB: Let’s Talk Brene Brown

Which one did you choose @Former-Member? Yay 🙂

@CheerBearThe Rising Strong One.

I have to finish the Babette Roschild one - 8 Keys to safe trauma recovery which is actually a great book. My psychologist suggested I read it.

I struggle with concentration these days so hopefully get to it soon!!!

I have better days that others re reading @Former-Member ...... it’s sort of like my painting .... I need to be in a somewhat settled headspace,

Babette is the fizzy drink person @Former-Member 🙂 Good stuff!

I'm still listening to my audiobook. It's a great one, but it has to be the right time I think (which is hasn't been for the last couple of days).

@Faith-and-Hopewell I did see that Elephant painting you did and that was amazing, but I do agree that you need to be in the correct headspace to paint, read, craft, etc.

@CheerBearnever listened to audio books but might be the way to go. Sorry to hear the last few days have been not so good for you Heart

Hi @Former-Member ..... I would have loved that elephant painting to be mine, but it wasn’t in fact ..... it is something I am capable of though ..... and I would like to explore more use of colour like that.  Think I will with mixed media when I am over east, because setting up to oil paint is going to be too difficult there.  I haven’t dabbled with watercolour pencils yet, but I do like black 8nk sketches accented with watercolours.

I have bought a book of calligraphy styles ..... I am thinking to do some paintings / ink sketches, then write Brene Brown quotes into them.  I think that will be cool, and will suit the living space there.

During my Psychodrama Training we worked with the power of VULNERABILITY.  That was late 1980s.

Apparently the nephew of Moreno does a lot of work in the States. 

It is good to see the ideas about in mainstream now.

I dont mind Brene's TED talks.

“Vulnerability is not winning or losing; it's having the courage to show up and be seen when we have no control over the outcome. ...

Brene Brown - Rising Strong

IMG_2707.JPG

Thinking this one would sit well on the DBT page too. 

/and just quietly what is this calm she speaks of, does it come in different colours and how much does it cost? 😂😝.

I'm working on it. Calm and I will be best friends one day and emotional reactivity and I hope to become strangers 💜🤗💐

♥️ @Teej .....
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance