Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: BOOK CLUB: Let’s Talk Brene Brown

My book arrived today ... The Gifts of Imperfection. I’m hoping my brain will cooperate enough over the weekend so that I can at least have a little flick through it.

Any parcels at your place yet, @Maggie? 🌷

No @Former-Member I'm watching the mail daily. Hoping for Monday. Humm !!!

8-40-29-1.png

Fingers crossed for Monday, @Maggie. I hope your weekend is going okay. 🌷

@Former-Member They arrived yesterday, all three. Concentration shoot atm but I did pic up a bit about a Permission slip, and belonging. Never experienced belonging so very interested. I know you are toughing it atm, just sending some warm thoughts your way.🙃🙃🙃🙃

I’m glad they finally arrived, @Maggie. I totally get the lack of concentration. I haven’t even been able to have a flick through my book yet. 😕 I’ve never experienced belonging either. 🙁 To be honest, I’m a bit scared to read this book. I’m scared I won’t be able to find the light and that I might just make things darker (if that’s possible). I'm scared my 'imperfections' will be too big to be considered 'gifts'. 🙁

Thank you for your warm thoughts. Sending some your way as well. 🌷

I so hear you @Former-Member 🙃🙃🙃

I'm trying to get back up after ANOTHER fall. This time I just thought I'd stay and save myself the bother of climbing out, but I'm reading bits and pieces and today this is what I'm chewing on." Curiosity is unruly. It doesn't like rules. Or, at least, it assumes that all rules are provisional, subject to the laceration of a smart question nobody has yet thought to ask. It disdains the approved pathways, preferring diversions, unplanned excursions, impulsive left turns. In short, curiosity is defiant.

This is exactly why curiosity is so vital to this process: The diverse and sometimes erratic course of rising strong is also unruly. Embracing the vulnerability it takes to rise up from a fall and grow stronger makes us a little dangerous. People who don't stay down after they fall or are tripped are often trouble makers. Hard to control. Which is the best kind of dangerous possible. They are the artists, innovators, and change makers. From Rising Strong.

Oh, I can relate to that @Maggie ..... it took me a few years to find my voice in my early marriage situation, and when I did, I became a menace for a while ..... sho-oting anything that moved .... lol ....

Think it was necessary tho .... it was “get listened to, or leave” .....

It set a new course for all of us that we all benefitted from, but yeah, when you rise back up, the ones who contributed to you falling down don’t know what’s hi-it them until they get used to the new world order ......

@Faith-and-Hope I'm starting to find my voice and not be the rubbish dump everyone is used to. I have a mouth as well as two ears, plus a brain that engages every now and then.lol. I always assumed my ' different' thoughts were wrong and everyone else was right, now it's just that ' different, no one is right or wrong. I'm starting to grow up.lol.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance