Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: BOOK CLUB: Let’s Talk Brene Brown

Maybe not so much "grow up" @Maggie ..... but give yourself permission to be you, and be okay with that ......

Sooooo good to hear .... ❣️

Rising strong is a spiritual practice. Getting back on out feet does not require religion, theology, or doctrine. However, without exception, the concept of spirituality emerged from data as a critical component of resilience and overcoming struggle. Spirituality is recognising and celebrating that we are all inextricably connected to one another by a power greater than all of us, and that our connection to that power and to one another is grounded in love and belonging. Practicing spirituality brings a sense of perspective, meaning, and purpose to our lives. Some of us call that power greater than ourselves God. Some do not. Some people celebrate their spirituality in churches, synagogues, mosques or other houses of worship, while others find divinity in solitude, through meditation, or in nature. For example, I come from a long line of folks who believe that fishing is church, and one of my closest friends believes scuba diving is the holiest of experiences. As it turns out, our expressions of spirituality are as diverse as we are. When our intentions and actions are guided by spirituality- our belief in our interconnectedness and love - our everyday experiences can be spiritual practices. We can transform teaching, leading and parenting into spiritual practices. Asking for and receiving help can also be a spiritual practice. Storytelling and creating can be spiritual practices, because they cultivate awareness. While these activities can be spiritual practices, it appears that rising strong after falling must be a spiritual practice. Rising demands the foundational beliefs of connection and requires wrestling with perspective, meaning and purpose. Quote by Liz Gilbert " Grace will take you places hustling can't ".  

Thank you Brene Brown.

Hi @Teej ..... 💜💐

Introduced my Dad to Brene Brown Ted talks yesterday morning ...... he’s impressed ....

💜 @Faith-and-Hope for the sharing with your dad. 

This resonated a bit with me. 

A13D3F6D-225C-4030-A63B-00C4700B98E0.jpeg

Can’t see the image yet @Teej ...... but I see you ❣️

Love it @Teej ..... thank you for sharing it. Very special.

💜

1F54E898-CCAE-4E44-8D60-C00BF8934E3D.jpeg

CACDBFDA-5D8E-437A-BA45-4CF68261898C.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance