Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hi there..Its evening now..but good evening. Id like to make friends here so I have like minded mates... thats my theory anyway
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah true that @PeppyPatti 😉🙌🏻

…however, John Cleese aka Basil Fawlty is my hero, so I take inspiration from his caustic slightly impotent rants, Lol 🤭👌🏻🌺

Hello and welcome @Opal22 😀

How are you going today xx 

@Former-Member , @Adge , @Glisten 

Former-Member
Not applicable

No worries @Adge 🙂🌺

thanks for replying 🙌🏻☺️

I’m ok thanks - happy to be here and chatting with you.. I read through your message and just wanted to kindly acknowledge that the support worker request to change is a really great piece of self-advocacy; if you’re not comfortable, for any reason, you have the right to ask for changes to be made, and to be heard and respected 🙂🌺

I hope they can look after you with making the changes you need to support you well 💜

The trip to Yanchep NP sounded very nice, both regarding not having to drive but with having some company that has a nice vibe like what’s in the mindfulness group  ☺️🌺

I hope they have another nice group activity planned for next time, and there’s another opportunity to have some company and see some lovely scenery 💜🙂

However I’m really sorry to hear your job coach left the DES provider you’re with, and now there’s no specific contact there to proactively support you - I really hope they get this sorted for you asap, because as you’ve rightly said, rapport and connection needs to be established to produce an effective partnership to support you, and this takes time 💜

I hope the DES provider stay in contact and helps keep you informed through the transition to a new job coach 🙂🌺

in the mean time, I hope the new routine of mindfulness group catch ups can help keep you feeling engaged in other ways for now, and please do remember we are here for you too 💜🙂🌺🫂

take good care Adge, and I hope your evening goes well 💜🌺

Hey @Opal22 @welcome 

this can be a fast paced thread.

look around at others like Hot Chocolate or start your own 

@Glisten @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Jynx 

@PeppyPatti worth seeing that vid re neurosurgeon 

@StuF sounds like interesting and worthwhile work 

@StanD glad you had decent neighbour and tyre fixed 

@PeppyPatti @Former-Member 

I loved foraging through op shops but prefer doing it online now. I like the idea of saving something from landfill. I don't like fast fashion and the piles of clothes being dumped in the environment.

There was doco put out years ago called "The True Cost". Its all about our obsession with fashion and how fast fashion in particular and pink collar sweat shops operate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwp0Bx0awoE 

@oceangirl 

@saturnzoon 

@creative_writer 

thanks for replies and caring

i have hand issues now to add to everything so a bit brief on the forum

take care….

Yeah @Appleblossom  - the work should be interesting. I have an interview/meeting tomorrow to work out the path forward

I hope your hand issues can be resolved?

Hello 👋🏼 @Opal22 Welcome to the land of Forum.

Do you have any hobbies?
Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you read books?

What inspires you?

G

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing the doco @SmilingGecko 🌺💜

Definitely being waste wise is helpful to the planet and the hip pocket, imho 🙂💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance